Happy Birthday Canada! It’s my home country’s 150th birthday this year so I put together some great gifts and keepsakes for you, your friends, men and babies in your life. And at all price points – no keepsake is […]
Happy Birthday Canada! It’s my home country’s 150th birthday this year so I put together some great gifts and keepsakes for you, your friends, men and babies in your life. And at all price points – no keepsake is too small or too big (see that canoe up there?!). These would also be great ideas for relatives visiting or friends who are new to our country.
- Black Bear Bib: For that sweet little bear cub in your life!
- Cheese board: My home province of Saskatchewan in a cheeseboard! And it’s on sale! Big surprise that they have any more of these babies left…. Also comes in “Alberta”, “Nova Scotia” and, “PEI”.
- All Season throw: The Hudson’s Bay has a few classic versions of these and some are on sale! Now’s your time to snap them up.
- Canada 150 patches: I love the pins and patches trend we are seeing right now! If you are an adventurer these are the perfect addition to your collection.
- Roots Men’s Canada Hat: (also comes in red and women’s!) The perfect way to show spirit and protect yourself from those rays.
- HOME IS CANADA Print by Alex Perlin: Lovely message, and lovely print by the talented Alex Perlin.
- Canoe: I mean, if you’re in the market for one… Also can you please read the reviews on this and lol with me over the first one where the husband brought this home to an angry wife and said, “luckily it’s roomy enough to sleep in”.
- Roots Dress: A cute, easy summer tank dress that also comes in a more “flag-like” version for the ultra-spirited.
- Maple Syrup: Yum! This is basically our national food… along with poutine.
- Knit Teddy: I’m thinking about getting these for my girls. They are so sweet and a classic keepsake for a little one.
- Swell water bottle: If you’re going to get the popular water bottle anyway err on a woodsy, Canadian-themed one…
- Roots Canada Tote: You can’t post items from Roots without including their famous leather items. This is an understated bag that will be a classic in your wardrobe. What a gorgeous memento of Canada 150!
- Canada Creature Blanket: Even though your baby may not remember the Canada 150 this is a cute keepsake to save for them.
- Swiss Army Knife: My husband, Wes, is recently into carrying one of these around and it’s so handy! Why not a Canadian version??
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood: I have to include a Canadian author! This is the book of the summer! It is also being made into a television series and is described as, “funny, unexpected and horrifying”… Intriguing!